Haven't been on Deviantart in forever, it seems, but here I am haha. It's been half a year since the last post with lots of resolutions. I just wanted to take some time to see how I'm doing, and update some of the things I listed before. Lots have happened, both good and bad, and I've learned lots about myself and life in general.
Here's the old list with extra notes to self lol
1. Get Driver's License (somehow I always fail to have enough time to do this...lol hopefully when I go home for July and August I can accomplish this.)
2. Do something active everyday, at least 30mins a day! (I was doing good until some incident happened that kinda took away my motivation for a while. Getting back to it now though!)
3. Eat healthy, sleep enough, drink enough water (again, I was doing good until that incident happened and I was not motivated to do stuff or eat lol.)
4. Read at least one book a month! (...for the rest of the year...>< it didn't work for the first half of the year as I was settling into a different city and lifestyle but I'm returning to my former glory XD)
5. Start studying languages again. (I've been pretty good, took Japanese class but I still want to be more studious like I used to be.)
6. SAVE MONEY! (all the time....
1. Work on realism, put more focus on drawing what I see and not just resorting to what I think I see or imagine I see >"< although I'll still continue doing purely imaginative works.
2. Try to get into more art shows (I wasn't very motivated in the first half of the year so the only art show I've done so far is the Art World Expo in May.)
3. Turn my D&P story into an eBook so it's available to lots of fans for really low price, and then somehow set up a print on demand thing in case fans want a print version of my story and artwork after they've read the eBook
(Still didn't get to this yet....)
4. Finish Alphabet book I failed to complete last year >"<
5. PROJECT 52 failed this year when that incident mentioned above happened and I lost almost all motivation lol but I'm putting myself back together as quickly as possible. This month I'm doing a 30 Day Drawing challenge
1. GOT FIRST AID CERTIFICATE in February ^_^ and also found a job working as an after school care program leader
I also found employment teaching Summer Art Camps back home for July and August so this one worked out nicely~
2. Review knowledge of ways to teach piano effectively (Haven't had a chance to play much piano since I got to this little town but I still plan to work on this.)
3. Start practicing hardcore piano pieces again, I've been sad that my technique has been slowly fading all year
(I'll have to do lots of practicing while I'm home for July and August!)
4. Volunteer and be involved with the communities I live in~ (It's been a little tough here because it's not as convenient to get around on public transit -_-" however, there are a few places I plan to volunteer with including the museum, and the Japanese Gardens. I volunteered at the art gallery with kids for a bit but then it interfered with my work schedule so I couldn't continue.)
Everyone is a work in progress
I think I've done pretty good, all things considered. There's still plenty of time before the year is over to accomplish so much more. I've been feeling more like myself recently, not suppressed by some dark cloud which I thought I needed to hang around. They say love is supposed to bring you peace and happiness. If you aren't feeling this in a relationship, you're living in an illusion. I guess I should be thankful the illusion ended before too much damage occured, though I tested it 4 or 5 times lol Oh well. On to the next chapter